Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Answers From Your I AM Self...

The following quote is from the daily devotional section on

William Starcke's web site:
September 1 SEE YOURSELF AS I SEE YOU

Pray for yourself as though you were praying for someone else. Stand aside and see yourself and your problems as though your human-self is someone who has called you for help. Ask yourself questions and then listen to the answers that your I AM self gives you. See your Christ self observing your prayers in the same way a parent would observe a child’s prayers. When you can stand aside and see your human-self through the eyes of your own higher consciousness, you will see that humanly you have nothing to fear. Greater love hath no man than that he can see his humanity through the eyes of his divinity.

So what do you think? 

One thing that piqued my interest was:

Ask yourself questions and then listen to the answers that your I AM self gives you.

It reminded me of an experience Frank Laubach talks about in Letters By A Modern Day Mystic.  He was walking up to the mountain....where he went every day to meditate and pray...and suddenly, God was talking to Frank...using his own mouth, his own voice.  Frank's lips were moving...but God was SPEAKING.  Not all of this quote resonated...but it is an interesting quote.  It gave me something to ponder.....

No comments: