Monday, May 26, 2008

Christ Within - More Musings on ANE

On The Beautiful Heresy, my friend Brian said:

As much as any teacher I've ever seen, Tolle talks about working from a completely different place and putting aside the "old man". The difference I see between Tolle and traditional Christianity is instead of a reaching up and out for G-d, it's a reaching inward to find G-d.

The following verse came to mind when I read the above snippet from Brian's post....


Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints: To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:[Col 1:26,27]

I think the Christ in you is another name for what Tolle refers to as Being or Presence. On Oprah's message boards, there are Christians on a mission to declare loud and clear that Tolle is everything from deluded to the antichrist....or worse....yet for me, scripture after scripture comes to mind....illuminated in a new way....giving me a deeper understanding.

No comments: