Saturday, November 24, 2007

Another "Girardian" Quote

In another one of those articles buried in the Diigo archives, I found a gem of a quote that is very timely and pertains to a situation going on in my life. It is another of those quotes that holds a mirror up for us to see our reflection. Like that glimpse of ourselves first thing in the morning, it's not always a pretty sight. The article is called I DESIRE MERCY AND NOT SACRIFICE by Dr. Kosuke Koyama. Following is the quote that stood out to me....revealing something as unflattering as my reflection at 4:30 am...when I straggle out of bed to the brightly lit bathroom.


Envy thinks it will walk better if the neighbor breaks his leg.

I am not going to go into detail about the situation or how it applies, but I am pretty sure most who read these words can relate it to a time or experience in their own lives.

No comments: