Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Taking "I am my own worst enemy" to a whole new level....

God is ingenious in the methods he uses to put us in our place...to teach us...to correct us.  I came upon a stunning example of this while surfing around the web this weekend....the story of Pawel and Ola...two former Polish skinheads

"I was a nationalist 100 percent. Back then when we were skinheads it was all about white power and I believed Poland was only for Poles. That Jews were the biggest plague and the worst evil of this world. At least in Poland it was thought this way as at the time anything that was bad was the fault of the Jews..." Pawell said.

Pawell and other skinhead thugs "patrolled" the streets of Warsaw putting Jews in their place....even beating the crap out of them when the circumstances were right. 

So imagine Pawell's surprise when he found out that the face in the mirror...the one who looked back at him all smug and haughty....beaming with white supremacist pride....was the face of a Jew.  Yep....Pawell was a Jew....one of many whose families hid their Jewish heritage after WWII.  He found out he was his own worst enemy...literally.  He was the enemy.  He was a Jew.  And he hated Jews.  

"The mirror was a big problem. I couldn't look at myself. I saw a Jew. I hated the person in the mirror then I grew accustomed to it, came to terms with it somehow.

Can I just say....ROFLMAO....!!! 

The joke was on you Pawell.  Oh...and on Ola too because she, too, is Jewish.  And their kids are Jewish. 

It took a while but Ola and Pawell finally recovered from the shock and have embraced their Jewish heritage.  They are very active in the synagogue.

God certainly has a way of getting his point across....

No comments: