Sunday, May 13, 2007

Who Cares?

This was an answer to the question "Who cares?" (about the atonement theories) "Who cares?" is a paraphrase of the wording of the question. The person who asked me this is very much into the here and now and the mystical, spiritual interaction with "The One". He also uses very big words. Following is my reply

Ummmmmmmmm.....could you repeat the question? Truthfully, I am not sure what the question is and since some of the words are combined in such a way that I am not quite sure what you are saying I am just going to ramble here a bit. Like annie says, I am a simple girl. She is from the Ozarks....I am from a steel mill town in western Pennsylvania. I have not studied world religions or philosophy or in depth theology.....or holy books from different faiths.....heck, I have barely scratched the surface on the holy book from my own faith. I am very out of place in deeper theological discussions that involve lofty spiritual principles....which truthfully are way above my head. What allegoric value do I find in the christ-mythos that affects my own life? Ah......I don't know. I know the answers are there....although I'm not sure I see it exactly in the terms you use....the mythos part, but I could easily be misunderstanding the meaning. I know I was taking a walk at lunchtime yesterday and I felt a strong desire, resolve actually.... for those I come in contact with at work to "see my Father in me". I remember reading Gary Sigler say in one of his writings that Christ is walking the earth today.....ministering to those in need, those hurting, those hungry.....and he is ministering through us..... in our flesh. I guess what fascinates me about Christ is that he is the exact representation of the invisible God. The "if you've seen me, you've seen the Father" line of thought. I guess more than anything right now, I am trying to know my Father. There are so many lies, and half truths and misunderstandings about him....and many of those questions are answered by simply looking at Jesus...his life, his death and his resurrection. The standard theory of the crucifixion is sorely lacking in truth about the father. Since I am only beginning to know what others have theorized about the cross, I find revelations in all of their observations. Some revelations come when I read something that instantly brings to mind thoughts similar to "well, isn't that a bunch of crap". Others comes when I read something and my heart starts to beat a little faster and I realize with awe that the truth I have read is within me...that inner knowing that has led me along. Gary Sigler calls it the anointing....the promise that we will be led into all truth.
Let me use a word picture by a kingdom minister my husband and I know. I have used it on lists before so you may have heard me say it. When the Children of Israel were crossing over into the Promised Land.....those at the front of the line were seeing something entirely different from those at the back of the line. Meaning....well.....I am glad that there are those clearing the path for me.....since I am no where near the front of the line....but I am walking in the light I've been given.....not considering those ahead of me as heretics......nor those behind me as spiritual midgets. Thanks for blazing the path ahead of me :)


No comments: