Sunday, June 17, 2007

Not a Peaceful Week

My mom was seriously ill, two of my three kids screwed up big time....especially my son (with grades...a major, major screw up.) Keith and I had various periods of not getting along or seeing eye to eye on things. There was a lot of discord but nothing new there. So I have been far from peaceful this first week of summer. It has been more tumultuous than I ever dreamed it would be. Probably the best part of the week is that my youngest daughter, Emily, went on a mission trip to downtown Detroit with her youth group.

They went on inner city prayer walks, helped teach Bible school, scrubbed toilets, fed the homeless, passed out hot dogs in the park, helped tear down a condemned house. She was the youngest one there and did great. I am very proud of her. She saw things there that I have not even seen. A hooker propositioned by a "client". Different homeless people...and she came home knowing many of their names. She is the only one of my three kids who has any interest in anyone other than themselves. She is the only one with a relationship with God. Being a universalist, I believe that God will win them over at some point. I am just afraid it might be via "the long scenic route" back to Him. That's the route I took...and I see my daughter heading down that same path. I have been beating myself up about the things I could have done differently....should have done differently. The coulda', woulda', shouldas'. Majorly.

2 comments:

Sue said...

Big hugs darling *huggggg*

Cindi said...

Thanks for the hug. :)