Sunday, September 16, 2007

Forgiven by Thomas Blackshear

Sue said: I love the print of 'Forgiveness' you have on your site. Every time I come here and look at it, it drips into my soul :)

Mwah to you.

Mwah to you too, Sue. What does that mean by the way? :)

The first time I came upon this painting by Thomas Blackshear, I was in a Christian book store in Nashville. I had not been a Christian very long at all...but the picture spoke volumes to me. I was so ignorant of scripture and theology but one does not need a thorough understanding of either to be impacted by this print. My kids, with the suggestion (and financial support) from their dad got me this picture for Mother's Day that year. A few years later, Keith, before he actually moved here and knew what artwork I had hanging on my wall, also got me the same picture for Christmas. So I have two of them...one in my bedroom and the other in my dining room.

Thomas Blackshear Online has a lot of his work...which is not just limited to Christian art.
Check out his biography too. And also the Forgiven Video Card at DaySpring.

Truly a painting inspired from the heart of the Father and as the Amplified declares "It was God [personally present] in Christ reconcilling the world unto himself.....not imputing their trespasses against them.

2 comments:

Sue said...

Mwah is a kiss.

Mwah :)

Marty said...

I love this painting for its powerful message. I friend gave me a book about it today for which I'm really grateful for.