Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Noah Levine and Brian Welch 2

And to any nay sayers who think that Noah, being a Buddhist and all, could not possibly be heading (let alone leading others) in the right direction, I say...that's silly. Isn't it right there in The Shack? In the same conversation yesterday's quote originated.....


Jesus: “Who said anything about being a Christian? I’m not a Christian….. Those who love me come from every system that exists. They were Buddhists or Mormons, Baptists or Muslims… I have no desire to make them Christian, but I do want to join them in their transformation into sons and daughters of my Papa, into my brothers and sisters, into my Beloved.”


So there you have it...from the lips of the Jesus character in the Shack. And from scripture?


Isaiah 65:1 "I revealed myself to those who did not ask for me; I was found by those who did not seek me. To a nation that did not call on my name, I said, 'Here am I, here am I.

Hosea 2:23 -"I will sow her for Myself in the land. I will also have compassion on her who had not obtained compassion, And I will say to those who were not My people, `You are My people!' And they will say, `You are my God!' "

And then Paul repeats these verses in Romans:

Romans 9:25 - As He says also in Hosea, "I WILL CALL THOSE WHO WERE NOT MY PEOPLE, `MY PEOPLE,' AND HER WHO WAS NOT BELOVED, `BELOVED.' " 26 -"AND IT SHALL BE THAT IN THE PLACE WHERE IT WAS SAID TO THEM, `YOU ARE NOT MY PEOPLE,' THERE THEY SHALL BE CALLED SONS OF THE LIVING GOD." NAS

Romans 10:20 - And Isaiah is very bold and says, "I WAS FOUND BY THOSE WHO DID NOT SEEK ME, I BECAME MANIFEST TO THOSE WHO DID NOT ASK FOR ME." NAS


My belief is that all knees will bow to Christ. All tongues joyfully proclaim that he is Lord. Scripture says so. It refers to Jesus as "the name above all names"...above Mohammed, above the Buddha. Christ is the the head of the body but we are all part of the body...Mohammed, Buddha, Noah Levine. He is a missionary of a different sort...


More tomorrow....

1 comment:

Sue said...

Yeah, baby. In agreeance with you. For after all as in Adam all died, so in Christ all have been made alive. God doesn't seem above revealing himself to anyone, even if they are on totally wrong paths. Look at fundamentalists, after all :)

Okay, that was a cheap shot. But hey, he reveals himself to me, even with all my anger issues :)