Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Surely......

I was cruising around this afternoon and came upon this snippet on a site called The Writings of Sunny Orly Coffman
This excerpt below was from a writing called DIVINE ORDER/ Antichrist Revealed. I thought this was interesting.

THE BIBLE HAS 66 BOOKS AND MUST BE TAUGHT OR DISCERNED BY DIRECTION OF THE HOLY SPIRIT. SIX [6] IS THE NUMBER REPRESENTING MAN. THE BIBLE WAS INSPIRED BY THE HOLY SPIRIT, BUT WAS WRITTEN TO MEN, AND WAS WRITTEN THROUGH MEN.
FINALLY MY YEARS OF QUESTIONS CONCERNING THE ANTI-CHRIST HAVE BEEN ANSWERED: A MAN [6], READING THE BIBLE AND TRYING TO UNDERSTAND IT WITH HIS OWN CARNAL MIND, RATHER THAN BEING TAUGHT BY THE HOLY SPIRIT, OPENS THE DOOR FOR THE RELIGIOUS [ANTI-CHRIST] SPIRIT TO MANIFEST. [THE LETTER KILLETH, BUT THE SPIRIT BRINGETH LIFE.] THIS IS WHAT THE BODY OF CHRIST HAS BEEN FIGHTING EVER SINCE JESUS MADE HIS ENTRANCE ON PLANET EARTH! 666 - MAN PLUS THE BIBLE WITHOUT THE PRESENCE OF THE HOLY SPIRIT TO TEACH AND DISCERN TRUTH TO THE MAN = 666 ANTI-CHRIST SPIRIT OF RELIGION IN OPERATION.

666 = ANTI CHRIST SPIRIT OF RELIGION
MAN + THE BIBLE - VOID OF HOLY SPIRIT
[6] + [66] = 666

I guess I find a lot of truth in this. When I get into discussions with those who insist on taking the Bible (especially the OT) literally I see a spirit of "antichrist". There is no way that the real Christ....the one who walked this earth in the person of Jesus would have ordered the Israelites to perform the atrocities we see blazing across the pages of the OT.

I have been rereading Joshua....very slowly because I often wait until evening....and after a few verses, in spite of my best intentions, I am nodding off. I did read for a chunk of time this weekend and one thing that came to mind is how it keeps flip flopping between the Lord said and Moses said and Joshua said. There was also mention of the hail storm that was crucial in the winning of the battle against the five kings. More died from the hail than from the swords of the Israelites. My friend Roy has pondered the meaning of the verses in both Joshua and Deuteronomy that declare the Lord will drive the inhabitants out of the land little by little with the "hornet." The first meaning for the word "hornet" in the strongs is simply....hornet...wasps. If you go further back a bit to the root word it is more all encompassing and can include natural disasters. I am just thinking "aloud" here....again. I am one who believes that Joshua may have sincerly thought he heard the Lord speaking when he "commanded" him to destroy everything that breathes...but I don't think the voice he heard was the Lord's. It may have been his carnal nature....it may have been his pride or his ambtion or his greed. It may have been the "destroyer."

In the NIV, after it describes the hail storm and the sun standing still and the resulting victory, the text declares, "surely the Lord is fighting for Israel." Is the writer reassuring himself? Surely. I see a lot of "surely's" when we take to heart the actions of the god of the OT. Surely, the Lord wants Jihad declared on the infidels? Surely the Lord fought all kinds of holy wars against heathens, and witches, and heretics. Surely the Lord will burn his enemies for all eternity in hell. Surely......

5 comments:

Sue said...

Hmmm. *Ponders*.

Hmmm. *Ponders some more* :)

You know, you give me the bestest things to ponder. I chew on your ponderings for months and months and they're like beef jerky - they don't lose their flavour :)

sweetdreams said...

Cindi you wrote: "There is no way that the real Christ....the one who walked this earth in the person of Jesus would have ordered the Israelites to perform the atrocities we see blazing across the pages of the OT."

I am with you on this 100%.

The Book of Joshua has been attributed to Ezra writing 1500 years after the fact. Check out the http://www.jewishencyclopedia.com/view.jsp?artid=578&letter=E

Jesus (Yahshuah) only validated the prophets, Moses and the Psalms. Those original writing except for the Dead Sea copy of Isaiah are lost. Even the Dead Sea Isaiah is not like our modern version (distant cousins at best). Yahshuah only used the Hebrew Scriptures to say they pointed to him. He did not advocate people build doctrine from them or study them in depth. He told the Jews of his day that they poured over them in vain thinking they would find salvation in them.

The Message of Salvation came from the lips of Jesus. Following the OT writers does not lead to life, but to slavery, atrocities and Misogyny.

Peace
Robert

Cindi said...

Sue...
Good...because if I had to ponder this stuff all by myself, my brain would explode :) More and more I am convinced that the bill of goods we've been handed about the God of the OT is a bunch of baloney. I found a really interesting website this weekend that has a lot of illuminating articles about just that. I will post about it soon. Do you have any thoughts about this that you would like to share?

Cindi........

Sue said...

Ewww, well, just kinda half-baked thoughts that fall apart upon definition :)

Need to chew some more.

Cindi said...

Robert said:

The Book of Joshua has been attributed to Ezra writing 1500 years after the fact. Check out the http://www.jewishencyclopedia.com/view.jsp?artid=578&letter=E

Thanks Robert, I will check it out. I haven't gotten into much study about the "making of the Bible"...who wrote what when...although I have happened upon some discussion about it on different message boards. Since I don't rely on its literal interpretation too heavily and view it as a tool through which God can speak to me today I don't get all bent out of shape. I would like to read some of the books that didn't make it into the leather bound 66...but time is always an issue. Thanks for stopping by...and for commenting.

Cindi.....