Saturday, January 19, 2008

Talk About Unequally Yoked...

And I thought Keith and I were way different as far as our spiritual beliefs...even to the point of being "unequally yoked" but in my blog searchings, I came upon two blogs by a husband and wife. Her blog is called "All About Cori" She describes her blog as

Reflections about being a person of faith and yet also a person very much in this world, today.

She talks a lot about Africa, her relationship with her husband, heaven and hell and other controversial faith issues. I think she is a young women...in her mid to late twenties I would guess.

His blog is called "Memoirs of an Ex-Christian" which he describes as a blog that "covers my thoughts and struggles as an ex-Christian. After going through a serious faith struggle about five years ago, I don't consider myself a Christian anymore. This blog covers my daily thoughts on this paradigm shift."

They both link to their partner's blog and from the limited amount I've read, it seems "so far, so good" as far as their relationship. I haven't read enough to know much about their story, how they found each other or how they got together. I do know the challenges of being married to someone whose spiritual beliefs differ from your own. Keith and I do share some beliefs....in God...in UR....but see a lot of things very differently. It, quite honestly, has caused a lot of tension and upheaval. Often our discussions turn into arguments. Sometimes our arguments turned into shouting matches. We seem to avoid spiritual discussions a lot now. Not really a solution...but a whole lot more peaceful.

No comments: