Monday, July 28, 2008

What's Your Problem?

Loosely quoting Eckhart Tolle....and a thought that has helped a lot during the melodrama that has become my life.....

What is your problem now? Now...not next week. Not tomorrow. Not ten minutes from now. What is your problem right now, this minute.... in this instant?

That has helped a lot and quieted the "what if" voice in my mind. It has often put the brakes on the fatalistic stories my mind can spin.

Try it the next time you find yourself traveling to never, never land....the land of things that will probably never happen.

As Mark Twain said:

"I'm an old man, and I've had many troubles-most of which NEVER happened!" ...

Stay in the NOW....in this moment. The NOW is all we ever really have and it is the place where God resides. The poem by Helen Mallicoat expresses this so well....

My Name Is I AM

I was regretting the past,
and fearing the future.

Suddenly my Lord was speaking:
"My name is I Am".

He paused.
I waited.
He continued,

"When you live in the past,
with its mistakes and regrets,
it is hard. I am not there.
My name is not I WAS.

When you live in the future,
with its problems and fears,
it is hard. I am not there.
My name is not I WILL BE.

When you live in this moment
it is not hard. I am here.
My name is I AM."

No comments: