Sunday, July 13, 2008

Outside My Box....

I've been on an interesting journey today...reading outside my box on the internet. I often end up going on these out of the box internet journeys. I start with an idea that pops into my head and off I go. This latest journey was inspired by some things I discovered Beth has been reading lately. Stuff like chakras and Sacred Geometry and KARMA??? Believe me...finding an article she printed off the internet on karma...and reaping what you sow etc. makes me take notice for sure!! This. from a young lady who has absolutely driven her family crazy for the past year or so with selfish, dangerous, thoughtless behavior. Who has been fond of saying that she only cares about herself and nobody else. (with the behavior to back that statement up) So finding something on karma and reaping and sowing...with actual words from scripture....from the lips of Jesus is very unexpected. She has also been reading about chakras and the third eye and she actually told me she has been meditating. YES....MEDITATING....during the enforced daily quiet time at "shelter care"....which is sort of juvie light. That was part of the consequences for her latest round of misdeeds...another two week stint at shelter. And enrollment in a summer day therapy program which really amounts to community service with a bit of counseling and drug and alcohol education thrown in. She is, indeed, reaping what she has sown.

Some of the stuff she is reading seems to be somewhat drug related...lyrics of songs by bands like Tool....but with interesting, spiritual applications. I suspect that Tool's mistake...and those who tout drugs as a path to spiritual nirvana is that they overlook the (real) way, truth and life in Christ Jesus. But the lyrics are interesting none the less.


i embrace my desire to,
feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside & weep like a widow
to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty,
to bathe in the fountain,
to swing on the spiral,
to swing on the spiral,
to swing on the spiral of our divinity & still be a human.

Hmmmmm...those lyrics are from a song called Lateralus. I did go to YouTube to listen to it but I've never really liked that kind of music. So even though I can appreciate the spirituality in the lyrics, I will stick to reading them and not listening to them performed by the band.

In the lyrics of another song by this same band that I found on my internet journey, they talk about "prying open the third eye." Beth was talking about the third eye the other day. It was one of the things she told me she thinks about when she meditates. I did some googling and came up with some interesting facts/opinions that got my thinker going. Odd how God can bring together the most far flung thoughts into a single hypothesis. More on that in my next post.

2 comments:

Legacy said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmu-xM73zSY

For you and Beth; My arms are always open for your family.

Cindi said...

That is a great song, Blake. I don't think I've heard it before. You have been a great help and a great support throughout all of this. Thank you.....

Cindi.....