Friday, October 30, 2009

Now where was I?

I've talked a bit about a bunch of different topics over the past month or two...and truthfully, I can't remember what I was talking about last.  I know that I've written a lot about the Christ in you..union with Christ, what that means and does not mean, and how the "he who is joined to the Lord is one spirit" is played out in our day to day lives.  Thus the ponderments on everyday mysticism and everyday mystics.  I think that has been the gist of my focus.  And I might as well jump back into the conversation with a quote from Dan Stone. 

annie posted an excerpt from his book,  The Rest of the Gospel: When the partial Gospel has worn you out,  on EU a while back. I saved it in my "write about this some day" file. 

Following is a quote that deals with the "we are (not) borg" union with Christ.  The borg comparison came from annie.  Followed by a link to his writings on the Christ in You web site.

He or she, a spiritual being, who is joined to the Lord, is one spirit. There are two... they are one. You and He are one.

We are one spirit with God. We function as one. We are not absorbed into the Lord, however. There is an I and there is a He, but we are joined to Him and we function as one. It is a function of cooperation, like a union of gears that mesh together. Our union with God doesn't mean that we are so swallowed up in God that we lose our identity. But neither is there a separation. Rather, the two function as one for the purposes of the greater one, God.

He that is joined to the Lord is one spirit. That is a mystery. One plus one equals one. How can that be? The divine and the human are one.

Excerpts from the writings of Dan Stone

No comments: