Thursday, January 15, 2009

We've Created a Tribal Chief...

During my recent You Tube spree, I found the following quote from Deepak Chopra on Larry King Live on an episode that discussed the afterlife fate of the 911 hijackers.  Again...here I am, behind the times.  I thought it was a good quote though so I am including it in this latest flurry of posts that deal with the christ in us and whether or not Christianity is the only way to the Father. 

I have a problem with some of your panelists because I don't think Christ was a Christian.  I don't think Buddha was a Buddhist and I don't think Mohammed was a Mohammedan.  I think it's just that kind of thing that says only the way of Jesus is right.  The others say only the way of Mohammed is right, only the way of Buddha is right, only the way of Krishna is right.  We have sacrificed a universal being and created a tribal chief with our gods.  And that's our problem. 

No comments: