Sunday, January 4, 2009

People of the Pebbles....

I keep stealing these catchy titles from the articles I stumble upon during my web excursions....

I owe the title of this one to Neale Donald Walsch.  There was an email in my inbox this morning announcing a one day seminar...too far away and too expensive for me to attend but it motivated me to poke around his website.  I happened upon the "Free Resources" and from there, the free E-book called The Holy Experience.  What I have read thus far is way cool...and the following quote taken from the book jumped out at me.  It seems to address, indirectly perhaps, how our day to day experiences and behavior can move mountains.  They can be the catalyst, the leaven, the beginning of the long process where swords are beaten into plowshares, and spears into pruning hooks.  Yes, indeed, my behavior at the grocery store can be a small part of that process.  An excerpt from the book follows:

It is easier to experience Reunion with God on an individual basis than it is collectively. That is because it takes a great deal more energy to alter Collective Consciousness than it does to alter Individual Consciousness. Yet Collective Consciousness can be altered when the alteration of Individual Consciousness reaches critical mass. When sufficient individual energies are lifted, the entire mass is elevated to a new level. The work of Conscious Evolution, therefore, is the work of changing consciousness at the individual level. That is why every effort to do so is critical.


Every individual undertaking, every individual thought, word, or action which leads to the transformation of the Self and to the lifting of any other being, is of extraordinary importance. It is not necessary to move mountains to move mountains. It is necessary only to move pebbles. We must become People of the Pebbles.

We must do our work on a person-to-person basis. Then we shall move mountains. Then the mightiest obstacles shall crumble, and the way shall be made clear.


So let us undertake to deeply understand, on an individual level (and then to demonstrate on an individual level) how and why it is possible for The Divine to want nothing for Itself, and to seek only to distribute.  

The book also deals with the Christ in You/As You theme.  I may write more about that later when the whizzing thoughts congeal into something I can articulate, summarize in a blog post and slap a catchy title on....

In the meantime, I wrote a post about Neale Walsch a while back entitled What Would Love Do Now?  It occurs to me what an effective mission statement/guiding principle that question might be.  It might help us to discern which pebbles to move where....when....and how. 

Also, check out his website, Conversations With God.  There you will find the link to the free resources section where the book, A Holy Experience, resides.  You do have to register to access the free resources, but the process is quick...just your email and name if I recall.  There is also a link to his blog on Beliefnet. 

Have a great day!!!!

No comments: