Wednesday, November 19, 2008

God's Camera....

....the endurance of darkness is preparation for great light.

St. John of the Cross

I've had the following writing saved in my files for a few years.  I found it on a cyber journey of yesteryear.  Who can even guess how I found my way to it. (although I have this sneaky suspicion that God somehow rigs Google search results... much like a crooked gambler might stack the deck) Perhaps this is a possible explanation for our unanswered questions, the paradoxes, the things we don't understand.  For God to tell us the answers would be like opening a camera with film in it...overexposing the film to the light....rendering it useless.   

THE PHOTOGRAPHIC FILM PROPHECY

To what shall I liken my own, mine elect, says the Lord?
And how shall I imprint the Divine Mind within them?
I shall liken them to photographic film.
I shall roll them onto a spool and place a label saying

"MUST BE KEPT IN THE DARK."

When the time is right I shall transfer them to my Camera,
and as time goes by I shall open the shutter for brief flashes of revelation.

And the light will penetrate the film and make its deep impression.

 And when my work is complete I shall remove the film and process it.

And behold! See what has developed!

The Divine Mind is exactly portrayed for all to see -
no longer does the film need to be kept in the dark.

But some will not accept that my work proceeds in the darkness,
even the thick darkness, for they say, "God is Light, and in Him is no darkness at all."

They neither know nor understand.

They would prise open my film and expose it to the light, and when I process it I would be presented with that which is jet black and full of darkness - with no imprint of the Divine Mind.

For such I would have no use in my Kingdom.

Reminds me of the words of Jesus...

"I still have many things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now.

No comments: