Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Neither Does Ann Coulter...

Speak for me, that is.  Not by a long shot.  Not even close.  She came up in my post about The Blue Christian blog.  He was not all that taken with her either.  It amazes me that she has written about a dozen books...and is a best selling author. To me, Ann Coulter is like passing a really bad car crash.  You just can't help but look.  According to Wikipedia she "holds Christian beliefs". 

In a 2004 column, she summarized her view of Christianity: "Jesus' distinctive message was: People are sinful and need to be redeemed, and this is your lucky day because I'm here to redeem you even though you don't deserve it, and I have to get the crap kicked out of me to do it." She then mocked "the message of Jesus ... according to liberals," summarizing it as "...something along the lines of 'be nice to people'," which, in turn, she said "is, in fact, one of the incidental tenets of Christianity".

Perhaps she missed the part in the Bible where Jesus proclaims the law in nutshell when he says, you know....love God and love your neighbor as yourself...and love your enemies????  See below in RED LETTERS.  We all know what the red letters mean...

2475370246_3118be1024_m 

Ann must have missed that part of scripture...as evidenced by the following quotes....

 We should invade their countries, kill their leaders and convert them to Christianity. We weren't punctilious about locating and punishing only Hitler and his top officers. We carpet-bombed German cities; we killed civilians. That's war. And this is war.

"My only regret with Timothy McVeigh is he did not go to the New York Times Building."

"We need to execute people like (John Walker Lindh) in order to physically intimidate liberals."

"If those kids had been carrying guns they would have gunned down this one [child] gunman. ... Don't pray. Learn to use guns."---

"The fact of Islamo-Fascism is indisputable," she said. "I find it tedious to detail the savagery of the enemy . . . I want to kill them. Why don't Democrats?"

Bumper sticker

2 comments:

MysticBlueRose said...

Good grief. Thank you for reminding me why I believe this woman is bad for the country. She's such a divisive person. Sigh.

Cindi said...

I must have missed this one the first go round. Yes...I agree she is divisive. And full of herself too!

Cindi....