Saturday, June 27, 2009

Interesting Website...Sites Unseen

I spent the day today running (as in baby you were born to run....) Emily started off the festivities with a 5 am departure for her mission trip to New Orleans. The I drove Beth to work and hung out in the vicinity ( the nearby library with free wifi...and the next best thing to a library...perhaps better because they serve coffee...the Border's book store.  It was actually enjoyable. No laundry calling my name to take it from the washer and put it into the dryer.  No dusty coffee table...no dishes in the sink.  I would rather not be the Muncy Valley Shuttle Service, but since I am sometimes, I am glad I can make use of the time. It is too far to drive there and back then there and back again four hours later. So I hang out.  The time usually goes pretty quickly.

At the library, I came across a few interesting websites on Sites Unseen...a collection of extensive (and eclectic) links to all things Christian.  Today I went to several of the sites listed in the section called Contemplative Revelation: Union with God in ChristThis section has 2 hundred or so links to websites whose focus is Christian mysticism and contemplative prayer....The Ancient Art of Lectio Divina...everything you can think of that has to do with mysticism.  There are links to sacred writings of the famous mystics...the Ekhart Society (as in Meister not Tolle).  One link is called Christ in Y'all.  Similar to a post I wrote a while back called Christ in All Y'all.  But anyway...check some of them out.  If you've never been to Sites Unseen...or if you haven't been there for all while...well Y'all stop by..... 

No comments: