Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Does God Care If You Think His Name Is Buddha?

Recently, I listened to a series of messages by Gary Sigler called the Experience of Oneness. (scroll down to find message) Gary is very inclusive….preaches an interfaith message from a Christian perspective….which is what I’ve been focusing on in some recent posts. In part 3 of this series of four messages, Gary says:

The revelation of God’s all encompassing love includes everyone. Do you think God cares…and I’m going to step on some religious toes here….but do you think God cares if you think his name is Buddha? Do you really think he cares? If you have a heart that’s reaching out for God he’s going to meet you no matter what you think. You may be kneeling before a statue of Buddha with a heart crying out for God and he’s going to meet you right where you are.

For the most part in America, we’ve pretty much gotten rid of bigotry with the exception of religion. We really believe that God has only given the Christian religion the truth and everybody has been receiving all of their information from devils, doctrines of demons and angels of light. But we Christians, we’ve got the truth. It’s because again we’ve had an intelectual understanding of God.

Do you think God really cares if you’re right or wrong? Seems to me like that’s the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. Right and wrong. You see, when I meet a Buddhist, and I have in the past, or any other religion, I wouldn’t think of trying to tell them they’re serving a false God because if they really have that hunger for God, I mean….the spirit of God within you will become so perceptive, that you will recognize his presence everywhere.

There are some verses that go along with Gary’s view….

"I permitted Myself to be sought by those who did not ask for Me; I permitted Myself to be found by those who did not seek Me. I said, 'Here am I, here am I,' To a nation which did not call on My name. Isaiah 65:1

Yet the number of the children of Israel shall be as the sand of the sea, which cannot be measured nor numbered; and it shall come to pass, that in the place where it was said unto them, Ye are not my people, there it shall be said unto them, Ye are the sons of the living God. Hosea 1:10 KJV

Hmmmm.....I said, “Here am I, here am I” to a nation who did not call upon my name.

More to follow…..

No comments: