Sunday, February 8, 2009

Keith's View of Union by Fusion....

While looking for something in the files on my computer, I came upon the following message board post Keith wrote a few years ago. It was probably posted on Tentmaker….or The Savior of All board….which has since been closed. It was in response to a question about Zechariah 13. I think it goes well with the Union By Fusion and Christ in us/as us posts of late.

Keith first taught me about the egoic mind/spirit mind…or tried to. I didn’t really understand it then. He didn’t call it the egoic mind…and used more acceptable “kingdom” words like “adamic man/carnal man/the flesh” and the spiritual side of us….the seed of God in all of us was called the christ…the spiritual man. In kingdom circles, the “hybrid” is more likely referred to as the new creation man. Just different words…same concepts. To me, anyway. His post follows…..

Zech 13:
8 And it shall come to pass, that in all the land, saith the LORD, two parts therein shall be cut off and die; but the third shall be left therein.
9 And I will bring the third part through the fire, and will refine them as silver is refined, and will try them as gold is tried: they shall call on my name, and I will hear them: I will say, It is my people: and they shall say, The LORD is my God.

While the Scripture is often interpreted literally, and certain things are just assumed, I believe that it is not talking about a group of people, or a nation of people, or 33 people out of 100. What I believe it is saying is that each individual person is made up of 3 parts! Body, soul, and Spirit.
The verse says that two parts shall be cut off and die, but a third shall be left therein. So, then it becomes an easier understanding to see that God will deal with all the inhabitants of the earth the same way. What third do you think now will be left to be refined??
The easy answer to that is that since you must be born again, your spirit becomes alive unto God, and you go through the refining fires. Silver is a type for redemption, and Gold is a type for divinity. So then you become refined LIKE silver and gold where the "dross" comes to the surface, and is cleaned off to purify it. Which is great because a silver smith would say that silver is pure when you can see your face in it!! And God will have refined us pure when He can see the reflection of His face in us!!
"they shall call on my name, and I will hear them: I will say, It is my people: and they shall say, The LORD is my God" Well now, it is easy to see how this comes about, because they that call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved! And since we know ALL shall call upon the name of the Lord, that will include everybody!!

I think that says it pretty well...

No comments: