Tuesday, March 24, 2009

More on the Christmind....

As far as I can tell, this is a transcript of a Joel Goldsmith class Reality and Illusion – Questions from Joel’s students). I saved several quotes from the writing (which someone posted on a Sacred Cow Tippers.) Joel is referred to in the third person..so I don’t think he was present at the class. I could be wrong. If anyone wishes to clarify, please feel free to comment. I thought these snippets fit with the christ in us/as us theme.

…… the more we live in the Christ-Mind, the more that false sense of mind is dissolved and these things do stop coming.

if we are not living in our Christhood, if we are not listening to the inner voice, we have only one other choice and that is listening to the human mind.

it is a matter of attaining a depth of inner awareness, an awareness that expresses itself not so much in words as in feelings.

…….Spirit cannot be seen with the eyes. The eyes must be closed to the objects of sense so that we can inwardly behold God's creation. You see we need a new pair of glasses, don't we? We need to see with the new vision, a new faculty, something that has nothing to do with our five physical senses, another sense.

These quotes do not really tell us HOW to live in our Christhood…or how to attain this depth of inner awareness….only that it exists and that we can get there.

And as a side note, a comment this that we might all be wise to heed.

I write things in pencil because I never know when they are going to be changed. I quit using pen. I leave the roof off for guidance and direction

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is really a great post. Thanks for sharing. Interestingly enough, I began a blog earlier this year called A New Pair of Glasses that addresses this exact premise of learning to look at things differently and following the guidance of our inner guide. Feel free to check it out: http://phdarling.wordpress.com