Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Work is love made visible.....

Work is love made visible. —Kahlil Gibran, The Prophet

When I came across the quote above, it reminded me of the very popular series of books by Gary Chapman that talk about our “love languages.” This particular quote captured my attention because acts of service along with words of affirmation tie for the lead as my two love languages. Supposedly there is one main language, and then sometimes a secondary language. I would be hard pressed to decide which was which. To me, they are both such important ways of expressing and receiving love….

And speaking of words of affirmation…..that reminds me of a couple of draft posts that I have “in the queue” about how to make our words count….how to uplift with our words (30,000 a day according to one author)…and not tear down. That “series” will probably follow shortly on the heels of this post....

Resources to check out about the love languages are:

A blog post I randomly happened upon via the wonders of google….

Gary Chapman’s website….

No comments: