The Christian Universalist Association is holding a series of meetings next weekend (November 6 - 8 ) in Nashville, Tennessee...my old home sweet home. I lived there for about 5 years (or so) about 15 miles from downtown. Ask me not, north, south, east or west of the city because I would not have a clue. I spent most of my time in the the neighborhood where I lived...off of Gallatin Road, near the mall. I went downtown a few times but not many...
The conference, "The Reconciliation of All - On Earth as In Heaven" is being held at
Howard Congregational UCC
2802 Buchanan St.
Nashville, TN 37208
Among the speakers...
Tim King, Rev. Kalen Fristad, Rev. Eric Stetson, Woodrow Luca, Susan Smith, Logan Green, Rick Spencer, Rhett Ellis, Marquis D. Hunt, and Charles Slagle. Some of them I am familiar with...some I am not.
But it was title of some of the sermons and workshops that caught my eye. Some of the topics seems to lean a bit toward pluralism...which I am not saying is a bad thing. I'm just saying...
Some of the sermons....
- "Universalism: Past, Present and Powerful." Message by Rev. Kalen Fristad
- "Into the Universal Light: The Full Meaning of Universalism." Message by Logan Geen
- "Christian Universalism and Interfaith Reconciliation." Message by Rev. Eric Stetson
And some of the workshops....
- "What Is a Believer? (Not What Is a Christian)" -- with Rick Spencer
- "Universalism and Human Emotions, Yours and Everyone Else's" -- with Rhett Ellis
- "The Spirituality of Universalism: Beyond a Faith with No Hell" -- with Logan Geen
- "Destined For Salvation: God's Promise to Save Everyone." Adult Sunday School class led by Rev. Kalen Fristad