Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Interesting Website - Gaia

I happened upon Gaia in the search results from a query typed into google (how else :) I think I was looking for quotes about a certain topic...which has long since been forgotten...or perhaps turned into a blog post.  I'm not sure which.  But there are lots of quotes on Gaia.  There are 8000 or so spiritual quotes from a very diverse group.  Quotes seem to encapsulate profound truths in a most succinct manner. 

But Gaia is more than just quotes.  It is a community.  Similar to facebook, perhaps?  Similar to the Wisefire (UR) community. There are journals and blogs, forums, questions and answers, videos...lots of videos.  The site has kind of a "green" feel to it.  There seems to be a concern for ecology and the world we inhabit.

I've poked around a bit on the website and plan to poke around a bit more.  I haven't joined the community, but I may.  I've definitely bookmarked the site so I can use the quote section as a resource.  The quotes are sorted by author or topic. 

Check it out if you are so inclined....

 

 

No comments: