Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Look What I Found...

While sitting here at the library...killing time until I pick up Beth, I found the following post....written a couple of weeks ago. Even though it is "Mother's Day specific", I am going to post it anyway.


With my morning cup of coffee this morning, I poked through some files I have saved on my computer. We were at my mom's...visiting for mother's day...and she somehow manages to live her day to day life without internet access....heck....without a computer!!!

(Side note here....
It is not that she is so connected with the Source that she has no need of technology like cell phones and computers...as touched on in yesterday's post.....but simply because she is afraid of technology...sees no need for it...and realizes it would distract her from her main pastime, which is fretting and worrying)


So while everyone else but me was still asleep (ever the early riser) I was revisiting stuff I have saved on my computer. You don't expect me to start my day without laying hands on a keyboard do you?? So anyway, I was looking over the transcripts from the Oprah/Eckhart webinar that took place last year....springish.. I read through the transcript from part one...and saved snippets that captured my attention. I found some gems of wisdom therein. Eckhart was talking about the quote from the OT....

"Be still and know that I am God."


It contains the entire wisdom of religion in those few words. "Be still," meaning go to that place where the mind is no longer operating. You are just conscious without thinking. And that is the level where the eternal resides. So the eternal, the formless, the spirit, is the essence of every human being. No matter how insane or conflict-ridden it may seem to appear on the surface, within every human being, that remains untouched. There's nothing that anybody could have done to you or nothing that you could have done to others to destroy that.

And yet, what we see with our eyes seems to declare that there are some human beings who, from our perspecitve, are evil...who do not have that essence. On EU there is a discussion going about "evil" in the world...broaching on the ponderings of whether this world is an illusion or not. If anything is, or can be evil. Too much to ponder in the scope of this post....

No comments: